Get Pamela working for you.
A few FAQs:
I am an individual:
Q: Would you please provide me with your restaurant recommendation? I need something that meets a particular criteria.
A: Please check out www.veganeatsottawa.com for a compilation of my recommendations. I am not able to provide more personal recommendations.
Q: Can you provide me with private counsel for the challenges I am facing as a vegan?
A: I wish I could, but unfortunately I am not able to commit the time for this level of personalization for free. I am self-employed which means I am paid by the hour by B2B clients. If there is enough demand and people are willing to pay for this service, I would consider implementing it. In the meantime, I would suggest reaching out to the local veg communities on Facebook: National Capital Vegetarian Association and Ottawa Vegetarians and Vegans.
Q: Would you please speak at my event?
A: That depends on quite a few things, including where and when it is, the topic, etc. Particularly if you have a specific topic in mind that is outside of my normal areas of expertise (vegan outreach, sustainability, Vegan 101), an honorarium is appreciated as it takes time to prepare for and attend events. I also favour occasions at which I have the opportunity to build my mailing list. I do not, however, seek “exposure” for the sake of it.
I am a business owner:
Q: I have a small business and just want to pick your brain about marketing for a bit. Can we meet for coffee?
A: If you are a prospective client I would be happy to schedule a complimentary 30 minute phone consultation to discuss if my services are right for you. I also provide a “pick my brain” paid service that can be conducted in-person or by Skype. The experience and knowledge I have gained over 20+ combined years of paid and volunteer experience has value, and isn’t something that I can give away. That wouldn’t be fair to the clients who pay me. However I do have flexible and fair options for businesses of many stripes.
Q: People seem to really listen to your restaurant recommendations! Would you please a) come and eat here and write about it, or b) hold a meet up at my restaurant to help bring in customers?
A: If your establishment is sufficiently vegan friendly, I would be happy to discuss trying/recommending / holding a meet up there, for a fee. Writing blog posts, holding events, and soliciting attendees takes a lot of time and energy, and my recommendation has value. I have driven thousands of people to restaurants with my recommendations and have the testimonials to prove it. I cannot be paid to recommend something that I would not otherwise recommend, but I do need my time and efforts to be fairly covered. Email me if you’d like to discuss further.
Q: I have a great vegan product that I’d love to introduce you to so that you can spread the word. Can we chat about that?
A: If you are representing an MLM, probably not. I am well aware of Arbonne, Epicure, Isagenix etc. and if you haven’t seen me speak of them it’s because I don’t use them and am not particularly interested in doing so. I’m sure they’re great products, but they’re not for me.
If you are a product manufacturer or retailer/restaurant with a product, maybe. My recommendation has value, and I don’t give it out because I am asked. If I try it and like it, I just may tell others. But I also probably won’t dedicate a couple of hours of my time to come to you, pay you to try it, and then spend more time sharing it and then answering people’s questions. That’s a lot of time and energy. I do however take advertising for my website and e-newsletter, and I will do sponsored posts on my blog and social media platforms. I am also a marketing, and offer business services to businesses of all sizes. So you may be interested in those too.
I am grateful for the interest of businesses in my Vegan Eats Ottawa guide, as well as the other promotional/educational platforms that I own and manage. I have the following and reputation that I do because I have invested a decade of time and energy into community and relationship building.
It is important to me to support businesses that are relevant to the vegan lifestyle, however, here are a few notes on how I can – and cannot – do that.
- I am vegan, so that means I will not promote or advocate for things that aren’t vegan. A non-vegan business with vegan options is not disqualified; my focus will be on your vegan offerings. I am also interested in products, services and causes that promote environmental sustainability, feminism, community, and animal rights and welfare.
- My readers are important to me and I value their trust in me, so I’m selective about the products and businesses that I write about. I don’t accept products or services just for the sake of getting free stuff. That’s not the main purpose of this website. I only accept products and services I will love and know my readers will love too.
- It is at my sole discretion whether or not I will include a listing in the Vegan Eats Ottawa guide, or promote it in any other way. Please provide me with thorough information about your business and how it is relevant to a vegan audience. If I don’t feel that the information is valuable to this audience, then I reserve the right not to share it.
- It is also at my sole discretion whether or not I will talk about any restaurant, product or service on any of my other platforms – such as social media, blog, or e-newsletter. My recommendations carry a fair bit of weight with my audience, and it is not something I offer lightly.
- This website, and my business consulting, is my full-time job. I unfortunately cannot give away my time for free. It isn’t fair to my paying clients. It doesn’t mean my recommendation can be purchased, but it does mean that if you want me to try out your product, service, new restaurant etc. I would be more motivated to break away from my existing favourites by a complimentary opportunity to do so. It shouldn’t cost me money to talk about YOU. 🙂
- That said, having that opportunity does not guarantee a positive review. I also won’t publicly trash you; if I am not a fan I would be more inclined to provide that feedback to you in confidence.
- I do offer paid opportunities to work with me – both as a business consultant, and as a brand ambassador. Please contact me for more information.