I am grateful for the interest of businesses in my Vegan Eats Ottawa guide, as well as the other promotional/educational platforms that I own and manage. It is important to me to support businesses that are relevant to the vegan lifestyle, however, here are a few notes on how I can – and cannot – do that.
- I am vegan, so that means I will not promote or advocate for things that aren’t vegan. A non-vegan business with vegan options is not disqualified; my focus will be on your vegan offerings. I am also particularly interested in products, services and causes that promote environmental sustainability, feminism, community, and animal rights and welfare.
- My readers are important to me and I value their trust in me, so I’m selective about the products and businesses that I write about. I don’t accept products or services just for the sake of getting free stuff. That’s not the main purpose of this website. I only accept products and services I will love and know my readers will love too.
- It is at my sole discretion whether or not I will include a listing in the Vegan Eats Ottawa guide. Please provide me with thorough information about your business and how it is relevant to a vegan audience. If I don’t feel that the information is valuable to this audience, then I reserve the right not to share it.
- It is also at my sole discretion whether or not I will talk about any restaurant, product or service on any of my other platforms – such as social media, blog, or e-newsletter. My recommendations carry a fair bit of weight with my audience, and it is not something I offer lightly.
- This website, and my business consulting, is my full-time job. I unfortunately cannot give away my time for free. It isn’t fair to my paying clients. It doesn’t mean my recommendation can be purchased, but it does mean that if you want me to try out your product, service, new restaurant etc. I would be more motivated to break away from my existing favourites by a complimentary opportunity to do so. It shouldn’t cost me money to talk about YOU. 🙂
- That said, having that opportunity does not guarantee a positive review. I also won’t publicly trash you; if I am not a fan I would be more inclined to provide that feedback to you in confidence.
- I am considering introducing some advertising options in the near future. Please let me know if this is something that would be of interest. I can be contacted at veganeatsottawa at gmail dot com.